Tuesday, August 10, 2010

a couple of cuties


So when I decided to get into photography a few weeks back, I was at a Kappa Alumni event and ran into my old KKG advisor from Tech! She has two of the most precious girls and I asked her if I could come play for an afternoon to test my skills with kid photography. I learned a lot that day and figured out that to catch interesting shots of the kids (especially the two year old) I would have to become part of what she was interested in. We had tea parties, jumped on the bed, colored the sidewalks, and played on the swing set.

I have babysat for years and truly love the innocent fun that kids get into. I find those little mischievous looks unbeatable and melt at all the high pitched giggles. Tiny feet and the sweet smell of baby powder is just enough to make a newlywed ponder the thought of having kids, but don't tell my husband! It's my goal to take those priceless moments and turn them into everlasting memories that a family can look back on when the kids are suddenly all grown up & on their own. All these things have made me think about what my photography slogan will be. I have a lot I'm considering, but the one I like best so far is:

life’s a flash, capture accordingly




A big thanks to Kathleen for letting me practice with her beautiful kids! After all, what's a KKG sister for! I'm busy editing two more session from last week and hope to get them up on the blog ASAP. Can't wait to share :)




1 comment:

  1. Heather! I loooove your blog! You are too dang talented. These photos of Kathleen's kids are so wonderful. Hope things are great with you and Ryan! Your blog is my new go-to!

    ReplyDelete