Friday, September 3, 2010

Baby Fever...


I got a call from a friend that I went to Interior Design school with at Texas Tech. A lot has changed in both of our lives since we spoke last at graduation in 2009, especially for her with a new BABY! Gina and I were always good acquaintances, however, I must say that spending such precious time with her and her newborn Gracie this past weekend, I feel like we really got to know each other on such a deeper level! Gina and Bo are parents for the first time, and with that comes lots of trial and error! They are amazing new parents and really have that 'mom & dad' thing figured out pretty well! We planned a shoot for 6:00 Sunday evening with all three of the family members. We got some great shots, but sweet little Gracie, had a schedule all her own. When we lost our natural light, Gina and I decided we would camp out the next day and altar our schedule around Gracie's.... after all, she is only 16 days old, she couldn't POSSIBLY out last US could she?!? haha, well 5 hours later (after a predictable pattern of eat, burp, play, sleep, poop) Gina and I learned to anticipate what little miss Gracie would and would not let us do. We finally got her to sleep in some cute props and literally could write a short story about the funny instances from the session...(use your imagination...sweet naked baby pictures come with a toll!)

Sessions like this are why I absolutely LOVE photography- you get to keep in touch with people you might otherwise have not, be part of the most special moments in their lives, and document all the funny stories that happen along the way. I'm feeling a little baby fever myself as I have have gotten to cuddle such a sweet baby girl and witness that yummy baby smell! Also- I'm gradually coming off of a serious baby high....one of my very good friends here in Lubbock announced to our Bible study group last night that she is PREGNANT!!! PREGNANT- yup- and guess who gets to help with the nursery, baby pictures, & invitations ALL for fun?!?!?! MWAHHH & I seriously cannot wait... I just love the path I have taken and feel so excited to be able to help in all these new areas of life! I can't take the credit though, because apparently someone else had a plan of his own...and I'm certainly glad I listened :)

Here is little miss Gracie- seriously, one of the cutest babies EVER. She has a bundle of hair and even though she was wide eyed and cheery most of the time- the 5 hour wait was well worth it to capture these priceless images. Here are just a few of my favorites. Enjoy!











3 comments:

  1. Heather...I follow your blog and I just LOVE your work!! You have so much talent! I would love for you to take pictures of my little girl once you start doing it as your business. I know now you are doing it for friends and that is wonderful!! Lucky friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather so you so sweet! I seriously am IN LOVE with your style and I can not thank you enough for being so AWESOME! I wouldn't pay any other person in the world to do what you did and I'm so thankful! I can not wait to see rest of the pictures ~ I have received sooo many compliments and I have to chuck it all up to you :) You are doing fabulous! I think Bo and I need to continue making babies just so you can take more pictures haha!

    ReplyDelete