Sunday, September 12, 2010

Please, step into my office


So let me just start by saying....this was the best week ever! Setting up your own business is not cheap, this I knew.... however starting your own design and photography business is really not cheap. My role-model/photography queen, Kristin Bednarz, has been kind enough to tutor me lately over the field of photography. She is such a God-send and has really inspired me to dive all the way into my new business venture. In the past two weeks, Ryan and I have invested in a new camera, new lens, new computer, and new website. The site is not live yet, but you guys (if there's anybody even reading this- hi mom) will definitely be the first to know! I'm feeling overwhelmingly excited about this business and want to keep everyone updated on all the exciting progress it has made in such a short time! So with no further adieu, please...step into my office!

my desk


I may work from home (which I LOVE) but I really feel like a professional with my new setup! Ryan and I went to Best Buy this weekend to update the RAM on my Macbook Pro. While we waited on the good 'ole Geek Squad, I of course wanted to go check out what Apple had come out with lately.... I came across a 27" imac desktop and laughed out loud to Ryan criticizing it's ridiculous size. Seriously? Who has arms long enough to work on a 27" computer?!? You would have to sit 5' away to not get a headache right!? We go back to the Geek squad to find out my baby apple mac book pro could grow no more... he had hit his limit and for some strange reason could not recognize the new RAM that had been installed. NO! I have deadlines! a growing business! and no time! I can't put up with a slow computer (I could count to 25 every time I would open a new finder window..not too hot for work productivity). Somehow, unbeknownst to me, I later walked out of Best Buy carrying my new 27" imac desktop....feeling very hypocritical and super excited :)


meet marvelous


She was up and running in no-time and has already changed my life. I'm completely obsessed...and luckily have long arms :)


my workspace


In case anyone thought I was crazy enough to get rid of my old macbook pro- they are mistaken. He still sits right next to me and is used for my CAD drafting & design work. Still nice and trusty.

reading nook


I never sit here, but I like it

Onto my new camera and lens. Kristin suggested that I go with the Canon 5D Mark II with a 50mm 1:1.4 lens- I obviously trusted her opinion and ordered it ASAP! I just got it last week and still have a lot to learn on it, but that is of course the fun part!


I feel so incredibly blessed to have such support from my friends, family, role model, and of course, my wonderful husband! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Love the set up lady - good luck on all you new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this is so exciting! Don't you just love Apple? If they designed a car, I would so buy it.

    ReplyDelete