Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our Labor-Hay-Day!


Labor Day weekend is often dreaded by some fashionistas as the end of the white season. It is the line of delineation between all those fun bright summer whites and the subdued winter beige. I don't mind it, partly, because the older I get the worse white pants look on me anyway, and secondly because it is yet another fun reason for the Thames klan to get together. Unfortunately my parents weren't able to make the festivities because they are on an Alaskan cruise for a week... no need to worry there....

We started the weekend off Friday night at my parents ranch... (and yes, you realize how much your parents do for you when they aren't there, and YOU are the one hauling food, washing sheets, and keeping things orderly). Ginger, Brett and their friends Zach and Cori coincidentally met Ryan, Brady & I simultaneously at the front gate. We pulled off the highway, popped a top, and headed to the house where we met up with the one and only, Michael Stoltz. We kicked the night off with power hour continued by the guys spotlighting and us girls sitting in the back of a tailgate listening to George & Dwight by the tank. It was awesome!!! I counted 5 shooting starts that night! Ahhh-maz-ing.

Saturday Ginger, Cori, & I headed to Old Mill Trade DAY (as they now call it) to see what crazy small town finds we might ensue. I found some old books I really wanted, but have no use for.... Old books are expensive- WHY?!? They kinda smell but look very pretty around the house and add an ample amount of character to any space!

With my new found love of photography I came a cross a couple of antique baby props that I'm super excited about! Cori found this card for her husband-


but only as a joke- they are seriously the cutest couple ever and have one of the most handsome dogs ever, yes I said handsome. As Ginger would call him.... A genetic specimen.


Wouldn't you like to set him up with your lab? He and Emma-bear certainly hit it off this weekend, even with one eye she's still quite a catch herself you know....

Here are Cori and her husband Zach. That boy loves her!! She was on the recliner and asked how to make it fold out... I said, "well you have to reach your hand down where all the little critters roam"... before she could even muster up the fear of what may be down there- he was already out of the kitchen and did it for her!! Call me crazy, but it's those little things I love so much about relationships- and southern gentlemen!


They're sweet huh?!

After Sage and his girlfriend (aka my new girl crush) Allison got to the ranch, Ginger decided it would be SO FUN to pick PRICKLY PAIRS out of CACTUS plants, in rattle snake infested grasses for 'prickly pear margaritas'- sounds like a kickin' good time right? haha, we all played along and mustered up the courage to each grab a few.

Ouch!


Alli got the snake boots, but with that came extreme responsibility...just ask her!


We went back into town Saturday evening to:

Boy's itinerary: Dove hunt, cook out, drink whiskey
Girl's itinerary: Pick the garden, cook in, drink prickly pair margaritas (which we forgot!)


Saturday morning came with the excitement of a new season and new coach! The boys could hardly stand it, and decided to instigate the 'icing game' to get them through the morning.... The first 'icing' came in a box of Crispy Cream donuts....Ryan caught the bait!




The next funny incident worth noting is the You Tube video that changed my life and might just change yours...

View these IN ORDER!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNhaLUT520


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvNS5TzvwM&feature=related

This song quickly led to inspiration of the most memorable quotes of the weekend! I'm a sucker- I paid $1.29 on itunes to buy it. It's really awful- but catchy. Tell me you won't sing it after you finish here!

The game was fun as usual and we had a blast with our family and amazing friends. Here are a few of my favorite candids from the game!
















After the game we headed back out to my parents house for a post-game recap and after party! Everyone ended up spending the night and having SUCH a blast. Even my super fun mother-in-law was game for the shin-dig! (haha, that and Ginger and I gave her no choice to go home!)

A big thanks to Michael Stoltz for the unnecessary caloric intake I had after the game.... He stopped by Rosas on the way out and picked up 6 family fajita meals & a chocolate cake!! We are STILL eating left overs! Thanks Stoltz.




The weekend was just another fun memory to add to our family list of fun. We are so incredibly blessed to all have the most amazing time together. It just never gets old!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment