Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blogging Butterfly

I know I haven't really gotten our blog going just yet, but I have an excuse!! Thanks to a few very helpful blogs I have custom designed our entire layout! It's totally addicting once you get going and I found myself deep in a foreign language known as html code... I just couldn't help myself! I was first checking out my friend Allison's blog for a sighting of her new precious baby (Grayson) and came across this blog. I was totally inspired by this girl's layout and just started investigating how she got there. There are various tutorials, tips & tricks, but I found these blogs most helpful:

This is the blog that inspired me to get my own custom look. Her blog is a fun read and very helpful on blog tips! She recently added a link on her page specifically for blog help! Wynne is into photography and has a great eye for this kind of thing...I'm so glad I've made a new blog friend and am VERY appreciative of her help. Check out her blog!

This website is absolutely wonderful for free fonts. She actually generates fonts by turning peoples' handwriting and chicken scratch into a computer formatted font! The fonts are adorable and very fun to use in all applications. Best of all- they're FREE and quick to get. She has all kinds of tutorials and even has one on how to upload custom fonts to your blog posts! It makes all the difference in the world.




I'll try and post some tips that I learned along the way as well- but that's all for now! Have fun customizing your new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment