Sunday, October 24, 2010

one hot mama



I had the privilege of taking pictures of Amira when she was in town a few months back. She was wanting some fun images to have just because, and I loved that. I don't think you should be required to have an "occasion" to take pictures. Pictures make us feel good and are fun to share. They bring us all kinds of good feelings and help us to reflect on all the fun memories that pass us by so quickly. Amira, our friend Maia, and I all had a blast at the shoot. We listened to music, stopped for a drink, and well need I say more?? Amira is one of my favorite people to photograph. She has this confidence and amazing presence in front of the camera. Here are a couple of my favorite images from her previous shoot.






Amira called me when she was back in town a few weeks ago and asked me to take her professional pictures! Yes, this girl has it all... good looks, fun personality AND brains. She is an immigration attorney in LA but was born and raised here in Lubbock. She's a red raider alumni so we did some of the shoot at the new law school up at Tech. I owe so much of my growing business to friends like Amira & Maia who have gotten me in touch with many more jobs! She promised me we'd get together for drinks next time she comes home, so Amira, if you're reading- I'm still game girl!

Here is a sneak peek at her amazing professional pics- I'd certainly hire her!














If anyone has been curious as to my recent lack of blogging I'll fill you in on why...

In the past month this has been my "To Do List"- I'll make it as brief and jumbled as possible...

Kitchen design drafting for big remodel job here in Lubbock, bathroom design for remodel, design drafting for custom furniture pieces for two clients, I've been in Ft. Worth & Dallas working on another big kitchen remodel and design pieces for my Aunt, drew a driveway design for an old family friend, been busy with lots of new photography projects and amazing clients (will blog those before too long) Editing, editing, editing, working on my website, editing, editing, editing, working on my professional blog (yes I know I need to make them live but I am tooooooo picky! It's a sickness and I promise I am close to launching the site soon) design consults, graphic design work for Renaissance European Spa & yogurt shop in Waco, on my way to Midland tomorrow for engagement pictures of one of my favorite couples, and then back this week for more work! I'll be home until Friday then we are off to Vegas for Halloween (surprise surprise!) then I'm back for one day (may have a possible bridal session!) and then off to Austin for another big design project for a family friend as well as a couple of photography sessions while I'm there. WHEEEEWWWW! I think that's it for now :)


Hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend. It is sad my life has come to blogging at 2:00 am on a Saturday night- lol, I wouldn't change a thing! Talk to you all when I get back from Midland.




No comments:

Post a Comment